The following is a privacy notice under the General Data Protection Regulations legislation.
The Galloway Small Arms Club (GSAC) intends to use member’s data in all matters relating to:
- The administration of membership of the Club.
- Compliance with lawful actions that it is obliged to carry out as a Home Office approved shooting club.
- Respond to reference requests received from other shooting organisationsand the police.
GSAC collects your data via online submission (electronic data) and paper documents (hard copy data).
Member’s Data Record will be created for each member of GSAC. This data will initially be extracted from the Probationary Membership Application form that everyone applying for membership of GSAC must complete. It will be updated with the information from the Membership Renewal Form (yearly). The extracted data will consist of the applicants following details (Data): -
- Full name
- Date of birth
- A contact telephone number
- E-mail address
- Firearms Certificate information (if applicable)
GSAC will obtain additional data from the ‘Single Person usage form’ when members apply to have single person usage. This additional data will be incorporated onto their members data record and consist of: -
- Individual membership number(s) of any National Shooting Association(s) to which they belong or insurance companies they use and the membership/policy number and expiry date.
In addition, but only if the member agrees and gives their written consent (on the GSAC renewal form) , the club will contact them using their email address for up-to-date information relating to club activities, competitions and AGM information.
Members have the right to:
- Request a copy of the personal data the Club is holding on them.
- Rectify / update the data.
- Instruct GSAC to delete all their personal data from the Club’s records, in which case GSAC will immediately delete all data relating to the member, which is not required by the Club to comply with the Club’s legal obligations and the management of the Club.
- Restrict processing of their data
- Object to our use of their data
To enact these actions, a member should contact the Club either by e-mail to GSAC (firstname.lastname@example.org) and marked for the attention of the Data Protection Officer.We will comply within one month of any request.
Member’s Data Retention Periods
The members date record will be retained for the duration of the person’s membership. After a person’s membership of GSAC lapses, the data on their Members data record will be erased, with the exception of their name and address, which will be retained for 3 years to assist in replying to enquiries GSAC receive about that person’s membership (from other Home Office approved clubs or the Police).
Hard Copy Data
The completed Probationary Membership Application Form will be kept for the duration of the person’s membership. This form will be kept even when the member has completed their probationary period and the GSAC Committee has approved their request for full membership.
It will be destroyed if the member does not renew their membership or their membership lapses.
Members Range Attendance (Signing-In) Sheets: These sheets will be kept for a period of six years. This is a Home Office requirement. After six years they will be destroyed.
Disposal of Member’s Paper Records: Paper records will be destroyed either by shredding or burning.